Sunday, October 12, 2008

Clicks



In my never-ending quest for the ill beat, Electronic Music threw a curveball for this assignment. Professor Kojs compressed ABBA's dancing queen to 1/32 of a second, which sounds too much like nails on a chalkboard, and told us to make three songs out of it. My ears started to bleed after hearing that click for the past three hours. But lo and behold, thanks to the wonders of Radial (aka REdial), a program which I cursed out every twenty minutes or so, my beats are smooth like butter. Well, maybe fat-free margarine, but still...

Honestly, I don't remember how I made that ridic alien sound.

Boomp3.com

The second track I made using reverb, vocoder, and abuse of feedback.

Boomp3.com

This final track I hope to expand at some point. I took a 4/4 beat and then ran a syncopated heartbeat pattern over it. The final clickings were altered by some adroit mousework on the keyboard. I ran different settings of the chorus effect on all the channels.

Boomp3.com

Maybe next time we'll actually get to remix ABBA.

No comments: