Sunday, October 5, 2008

Law and Order

I didn't know if I could make it for two weeks without a rave. Frankly, I'm sick of seeing white people grind. Back in nyc, maybe we thought we were cool enough to pull it off. But here at Yale, we're not 13 year olds rebelling against our parents. We're old enough to actually have sex, so why simulate it?


Raving the fuck out, on the other hand, is a perfect fit for an Ivy League institution. We all glow academically, so why shouldn't we literally?



Anyways...Glûnder Rave Redux was scheduled to start at midnight. People were invited to come at 11:45, so the room was somewhat full by then. I decided to start off with Supermode's Tell Me Why, the House remix, mainly due to the sick vocal intro and initial buildup.

Boomp3.com

For the second song, I wanted something where the beat came in immediately. Also, I didn't want there to be too much of a disjoint in terms of genre. So decided on the club mix of Benny Benazzi's Satisfaction.

Boomp3.com

Next, I got a request from a friend who really wanted to grind with this girl. I mean, I've already articulated I'm sick of grinding I am, but he's liked her for awhile, and the beat on Clipse's Grindin' is too hot not to crank on 540 watt speakers.

Clipse feat. Pharrell

Then, just as it started to really fill up, Yale Police paid a friendly visit. Ah, the perils of the Old Campus rave scene.

No comments: